Payment by cash, check, paypal, or your bank’s online payment service is expected at the time of your appointment.
Today’s health insurance plans can be confusing to navigate but many policies have what is called an “out-of-network” benefit. Services may be covered in part or in full by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Some plans help reduce the cost of therapy by covering approximately 50% to 80% of your therapy fee.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
• Do I have mental health benefits and does my plan have “out-of-network” benefits?
• What is my deductible and has it been met?
• How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
• What is the percentage of coverage based on the fee per session for an out-of-network provider? This is partially determined by the procedural code for the type of therapy session you will be having. I can provide you with this code prior to checking your benefits.
• Is approval required from my primary care physician? It is the client’s responsibility to pay for each session on the day of your appointment. A statement will be provided on a monthly basis to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Please be aware that I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment or do not cancel a session at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled session time you will be charged the full session fee.